(Iulia is like Julia but with an ” i “).
BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine, University of Westminster
MNIMH, Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists
Hi there! So here’s a little bit more about me. I grew up in Romania where natural remedies are highly appreciated as part of the culture. I always loved learning about nature and the positive effects that medicinal plants can have on people’s lives. This has inevitably led to me moving to the UK to pursue my degree in Western herbal medicine.
The herbal medicine degree that I completed at the University of Westminster in London is one of the best courses available in Europe. I received a First Class degree as a representation of my hard work and dedication towards helping patients. I then joined The National Institute of Medical Herbalists, which is the UK’s leading professional body representing herbal practitioners.
What did my Herbal Medicine degree involve?
HERBAL MEDICINE BSc Honours
- 3 years full-time degree + 1 Year Foundation in Bioscience at The University of Westminster in London.
- Completing over 500 clinical hours in a Polyclinic observing and treating patients suffering from a variety of conditions.
- Further training at the Whipps Cross Hospital – Herbal Medicine Dermatology Department.
My degree is fully accredited by the European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association (EHTPA) and the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH).
NIMH is the United Kingdom’s leading professional body and voluntary regulator of herbal practitioners
MODULES STUDIED INCLUDED:
- Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology
- Systems Pathology & Differential Diagnosis
- Botanical Medicine
- Making Herbal Medicines
- Dietetics and Dietary Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Dissertation on “Herbal Medicine Approaches to Insomnia“
What I love
- Cooking healthy meals & enjoying an active lifestyle
- Helping people
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Spending time in nature
- Keeping up to the latest research
- Making bespoke herbal blends for my patients
Continuing Professional Development
- The Phytotherapy of Sleep. College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy. One day seminar in London
- Dermatology according to Ayurveda | Eczema and Psoriasis. One day seminar with Dr Gaurang Joshi
- Emotional Trauma and Autoimmune Pain. Brain-body connection to the immune system; How to cope with emotional triggers; Tools and techniques to use your “ACE” score. 4th February 2017. A seminar by Niki Gratrix, mBANT CNHC.
- Autoimmune diseases: What are they, What triggers them and What lab tests may help detect and predict autoimmunity. January 2017. A seminar by Dr. Aristo Vojdani, PhD, MSc, CLS.
- Treating Atrial Fibrillation. Crewe, October 2016. A talk by Paul Hambly MNIMH.
- Diagnosing and Treating Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). London, August 2016. Seminar led by Anne Marie Reilly MSc DipCoun.