BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine, University of Westminster MNIMH, Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists Clinical Trainer for the Heartwood Institute
My latest training focused on laboratory tests by Functional Medicine expert Antony Haynes BA Hons Dip ION mBANT RNT.
The six sessions covered:
- Functional laboratory tests for digestive health
- Hormone tests: Adrenal Stress Profile Test, Cortisol Awakening Response and The Dutch Test
- Organic acid testing as a reflection of multiple metabolic pathways
- Food sensitivity testing
- Focus on toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, etc. and moulds)
- Focus on neurotransmitters
What I love
- Watching my daughter learn and grow
- Jigsaw puzzles – no time for that any more..!
- Finding supportive scientific evidence for traditional herbal actions
- Making bespoke herbal blends for my patients after listening carefully to their story
- Hearing about what an amazing change the remedies have made to a patient’s life
MORE CPD COMPLETED (Continuing Professional Development)
√ Herbal Approached to Menopause – with expert Hananja Brice-Ytsma
√ The Endocrine System – The Thyroid Gland, with expert Katherine Bellchambers MNIMH.
√ Fermentation Workshop – Learnt about the importance of Gut Health and how to make your own probiotic ferment at home with Jo Webster from The Peach team.
√ Emotional Trauma and Autoimmune Pain. Brain-body connection to the immune system; How to cope with emotional triggers; Tools and techniques to use your “ACE” score. 4th February 2017. A seminar by Niki Gratrix, mBANT CNHC.
√ Understanding the Stress Response. Practical solutions for managing cortisol responses, the HPA axis and sleep through addressing mineral imbalances with expert Vanessa Hitch ANP BioPractica.
√ Autoimmune diseases: What are they, What triggers them and What lab tests may help detect and predict autoimmunity. January 2017. A seminar by Dr. Aristo Vojdani, PhD, MSc, CLS.
√ Diagnosing and Treating Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). London, August 2016. Seminar led by Anne Marie Reilly MSc DipCoun.
√ The Phytotherapy of Sleep. College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy. One day seminar in London.
√ Dermatology according to Ayurveda | Eczema and Psoriasis. One day seminar with Dr Gaurang Joshi.
√ Treating Atrial Fibrillation. Crewe, October 2016. A talk by Paul Hambly MNIMH.
√ COVID-19. Herbal Approached exclusively for Practitioners. A Kerry Bone seminar
Hi there! So here’s a little bit more about me. I grew up in Romania where natural remedies are highly appreciated as part of the culture. I always loved learning about nature and the positive effects that medicinal plants can have on people’s lives. This has inevitably led to me moving to the UK in 2011 to pursue my degree in Western herbal medicine.
The herbal medicine degree that I completed at the University of Westminster in London is one of the best courses available in Europe. I received a First Class degree as a representation of my hard work and dedication towards helping patients. I then joined The National Institute of Medical Herbalists, which is the UK’s leading professional body representing herbal practitioners.
What did my Herbal Medicine degree involve?
HERBAL MEDICINE BSc Honours
- 3 years full-time degree + 1 Year Foundation in Bioscience at The University of Westminster in London.
- Completing over 500 clinical hours in a Polyclinic observing and treating patients suffering from a variety of conditions.
- Further training at the Whipps Cross Hospital – Herbal Medicine Dermatology Department.
My degree is fully accredited by the European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association (EHTPA) and the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH).
NIMH is the United Kingdom’s leading professional body and voluntary regulator of herbal practitioners
MODULES STUDIED INCLUDED:
- Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology
- Systems Pathology & Differential Diagnosis
- Botanical Medicine
- Making Herbal Medicines
- Dietetics and Dietary Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Dissertation on “Herbal Medicine Approaches to Insomnia“