BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine, University of Westminster MNIMH, Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists Clinical Trainer & Personal Tutor for the Heartwood Education Institute
My latest training focused on laboratory tests by Functional Medicine expert Antony Haynes BA Hons Dip ION mBANT RNT.
The six sessions covered:
- Functional laboratory tests for digestive health
- Hormone tests: Adrenal Stress Profile Test, Cortisol Awakening Response and The Dutch Test
- Organic acid testing as a reflection of multiple metabolic pathways
- Food sensitivity testing
- Focus on toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, etc. and moulds)
- Focus on neurotransmitters
MORE CPD COMPLETED (Continuing Professional Development)
√ Herbal Approached to Menopause – with expert Hananja Brice-Ytsma
√ The Endocrine System – The Thyroid Gland, with expert Katherine Bellchambers MNIMH.
√ Fermentation Workshop – Learnt about the importance of Gut Health and how to make your own probiotic ferment at home with Jo Webster from The Peach team.
√ Emotional Trauma and Autoimmune Pain. Brain-body connection to the immune system; How to cope with emotional triggers; Tools and techniques to use your “ACE” score. 4th February 2017. A seminar by Niki Gratrix, mBANT CNHC.
√ Understanding the Stress Response. Practical solutions for managing cortisol responses, the HPA axis and sleep through addressing mineral imbalances with expert Vanessa Hitch ANP BioPractica.
√ Autoimmune diseases: What are they, What triggers them and What lab tests may help detect and predict autoimmunity. January 2017. A seminar by Dr. Aristo Vojdani, PhD, MSc, CLS.
√ Diagnosing and Treating Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). London, August 2016. Seminar led by Anne Marie Reilly MSc DipCoun.
√ The Phytotherapy of Sleep. College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy. One day seminar in London.
√ Dermatology according to Ayurveda | Eczema and Psoriasis. One day seminar with Dr Gaurang Joshi.
√ Treating Atrial Fibrillation. Crewe, October 2016. A talk by Paul Hambly MNIMH.
√ COVID-19. Herbal Approached exclusively for Practitioners. A Kerry Bone seminar
The herbal medicine degree that I completed at the University of Westminster in London is one of the best courses available in Europe. I received a First Class degree as a representation of my hard work and dedication towards helping patients. I then joined The National Institute of Medical Herbalists, which is the UK’s leading professional body representing herbal practitioners.
What did my Herbal Medicine degree involve?
HERBAL MEDICINE BSc Honours
- 3 years full-time degree + 1 Year Foundation in Bioscience at The University of Westminster in London.
- Completing over 500 clinical hours in a Polyclinic observing and treating patients suffering from a variety of conditions.
- Further training at the Whipps Cross Hospital – Herbal Medicine Dermatology Department.
My degree is fully accredited by the European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association (EHTPA) and the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH).
NIMH is the United Kingdom’s leading professional body and voluntary regulator of herbal practitioners
MODULES STUDIED INCLUDED:
- Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology
- Systems Pathology & Differential Diagnosis
- Botanical Medicine
- Making Herbal Medicines
- Dietetics and Dietary Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Dissertation on “Herbal Medicine Approaches to Insomnia“